How To Setup Email Accounts in Microsoft Outlook
In order to send information to an email address, you must also have an email address. Email addresses are unique, once setup your email address is yours and only you can collect and send emails through it. Email services are usually provided as part of your website hosting package. Providing an email address at the same domain name as your website is the best and most professional way of working.
If your website is built by us and we are providing the website hosting, we will setup your email account(s) and forward you the settings. These will need to be setup on your PC. Once the email account is setup, you will have your own email address and can start to send and receive emails through that account. The instructions below explain what you need to do, in order to setup the email accounts on your computer.
Setting Up Email Accounts in Microsoft Outlook
- With Outlook open, from the <Tools> drop down menu, select <E-mail Accounts>
- Select "Add a new e-mail account", then <Next>
- Select "POP3", then <Next>
- Fill out the 6 fields from the information you have been sent via email
- Click on the "More Settings" button and select the "Outgoing Server" tab and tick the checkbox at the top labelled "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication", then <OK>
- You can click the "Test Account Settings" button to test what you have added and should receive a test email
- Then <Next> and then <Finish>
If you have followed the above steps correctly, your email account is now setup on your computer. If you press the <Send/Recv> button, your computer will connect to the internet and download any emails which have been sent to you. We will send a test email to each of the email addresses you have requested. Please take the time to <Reply> to each of these emails, so we can be sure that you can both send and receive emails.
The number of email accounts you have is up to you. Many people like to have a personal email address and a work email address. When you click on <Send/Recv>, be aware that emails will be downloaded for each of the accounts you hold.
It is also important to note that when you would like to send an email, if you have more than one email account, you will need to select from which email address you would like to send the email. After you click on <Create Mail>, the <From:> field will have a drop down list, where you can select the appropriate address.
If you are experiencing difficulties setting up your email accounts, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will happily take you through the process.